Home Marmoset

RenderHub sells stolen Artwork - Artwork theft through marmoset viewer?

Replies

• RenderHub3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Randy 

I see you are still trying your best to muddy our good name.
    Not sure what your motivation is, but if you keep it up you will be receiving a letter from our lawyer.

As for precogplasma, just one of the many pirates who try to sell stolen work on our site, and as with the others... BANNED!
    https://www.renderhub.com/precogplasma

• Locky099
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Render hub is a haven for asset rippers to sell stolen assets. They dont even have a report function once you do find stolen assets, pretty clear renderhub are not only aware of all the illegal activity but they rely on it. I am only starting off as a 3d artist and have found my assets up there, nothing i can do, sent a support message but nothing, the website look pretty suspect anyway so i checked and found this thread, ill will never use renderhub for selling or buying and will be telling everyone else the same.
    Hey Randy 

I see you are still trying your best to muddy our good name.
    Not sure what your motivation is, but if you keep it up you will be receiving a letter from our lawyer.

As for precogplasma, just one of the many pirates who try to sell stolen work on our site, and as with the others... BANNED!
    https://www.renderhub.com/precogplasma

i have to laugh at this reply also, " muddy our good name". Funny they are pretty quick to bring up law in that case but not when its genuine asset creators that are having their work stolen they go pretty quiet.
  • Vexod14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    @EarthQuake (and any other in fact)
    I thought about streaming viewers from a secured database as a solution. This will have a cost in terms of infrastructure and maintenance, but could provide same render results on PC/Smartphone, the internet connexion and the servers capabilities will set the fluency limit. It will also discard the necessity to load model's data to your Graphic card, so no theft could be possible through this way.

What are your thought on this ? (I know I probably missed out many points but I thought it could bring on some help to the table)

I've personnally been robbed through sketchfab (and artstation using marmoset viewers), and had a passionate conversation with one of the thieves who said globally that "this brings more viewers and followers to me". Back then I was so upset that I made a disclaimer telling how I really feel about this https://www.artstation.com/vexod14/blog/GYLq/star-wars-redemption-disclaimer (not sure they've ever read it though but anyway)
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    streaming it (as per metahuman) solves all the stealing problems but introduces a much larger bandwidth cost to every view - I don't have any idea what the ratio between sales to views is on a site like renderhub but I bet it's a very small number - and for places like artstation it'd end up costing them a huge amount of money for basically nothing.