Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kil'mash - Demon Blood Orc [FINISHED]

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Stexara polycounter lvl 4
Hey PC'ers, i'm back at it with the intention of improving some stylized-ish character sculpting skills.

-I cannot be a true WoW fan if i didn't have a orc-resembling creature in my arsenal, so without further ado, meet Kil'mash
- Like if Kil'jaeden and Grommash had a little demon baby that all grew up. His flesh would be wrapped around the wings with some ripping as i've started ti bust-out. He is regenerating power by gazing into the Sunwell and bleeding trough his horns

-I gather loads of references to help me get more ideas, fast

- I struggle with anatomy to get it to look adequate to the stylized, but somewhat real-life realm

- I would greatly appreciate any kind of critiques/comments, especially anatomy related
- Still not sure what will i do with him. Want to try out polypainting the diffuse color and maybe baking him and making game-res

Shaza-kiel!

Replies

• Stexara
    Offline / Send Message
    Update:

- Kinda overwrited other zproject on his save file, and, well, lost most of my work :blush:
    - Back to the slums i guess!
  • Stexara
    Offline / Send Message
    Update:

- Re-did everything that i have lost, worked much on the anatomy to get it right
    - Worked on the wings, chains and the leather skirt 

Still not quite sure what to do with him, like render only HP posed or retopo with some stylized textures posed, or something else... what do you think?

• Stexara
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally got some little time to get back to this guy after work stuff.

- Adjusted anatomy a little bit more
    - Textured him whole and tried to get some interesting colors rather than just regular Orcish green :smile: First time trying to polypaint something in ZB and quite frankly it's loads of fun, like the control of it.

- Next: I'm gonna pose him and try to get something interesting. Made all of the subtools as lowest res as possible as a new mesh and projected all of the details to them, so i can pose with zspheres. Will probably bake everything with the corrected pose and do some final marmoset rendering.

-Tried some quick renders just for fun before i actually started to give him more details with the textures, just to see if it would work :smile:

• BestiART
    Offline / Send Message
    BestiART polycounter lvl 5
    Hey, i think is not bad but i would really reccomend you to focus on the landmarks bone and proportions first. Before doing stylized is better to understand how realistic anatomy works to know exactly how things work. 
  • Stexara
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally finished!
    Thanks for the comments and support, was a long but fun journey, cheers and thanks for your time!

Arstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3owQEB