ACES LUT for Painter

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
leleuxart polycounter lvl 6
I recently created a LUT for use within Substance Painter to utilize the ACEScg color space and RRT/ODT. My original goal was to bring the simple Linear to sRGB viewport closer to what can be seen within Unreal Engine 4, but I also included a LUT for the standard conversion without my adjustments for those in VFX or wherever with a more standard integration of ACES. Unreal has numerous adjustments on top of ACES that I didn't really add to my LUT. It should be pretty close in most situations, aside from the couple of rendering differences between the viewports.

Iray render with a default Painter smart material. I tweaked some material to bring the rust more in line with the proper color and removed the gray metalness values. 

Simple color chart comparison, in which I used to plot inside Resolve for a quick look at the actual values. The original color chart was a free jpeg, so most of the grain in the waveform can be attributed to that.

You can see more images and get the Gumroad link(free) here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mrqd8

I hope it's useful, and let me know if there are any issues! ACES is fairly dark by default, so proper exposure and material ranges are even more important with it.

Replies