Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand painted Dog Sculpt

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Lurcisia greentooth
Tried to challenge myself by doing a speed sculpt, and did it within an hour.
I have a bad tendency to spend more than the time required on a single sculpt, may it be hours, days or even weeks.

Original concept by Thomas Mahon on Artstation : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Jxmyz

Truer to the concept: 

Artstation link: https://www.artstation.com/p/9WWYo

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Did you hit publish on the art piece in Artstation?
  • Lurcisia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lurcisia greentooth
    Did you hit publish on the art piece in Artstation?
    I couldnt even get to that part unfortunately 
    Ive done it before without issue.
    I click to upload the images and the little uploading bar shows up and then immediately disappears and nothing happens. Ive tried different images on different devices to no avail.
  • Lurcisia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lurcisia greentooth
    nvm i figured out the issue it was a network problem
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    really like the style! very nice! cool concept to work from too, can you rotate right around and still have good shading or did you paint it to be viewed at certain angles?
  • Lurcisia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lurcisia greentooth
    Ged said:
    really like the style! very nice! cool concept to work from too, can you rotate right around and still have good shading or did you paint it to be viewed at certain angles?
    Thank you! 
      Definitely painted to the camera! I did it to shave off time since it was a little challenge :smile:
  • Lurcisia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lurcisia greentooth
    Thank you for front page!!!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Lurcisia said:
    Ged said:
    Thank you! 
      Definitely painted to the camera! I did it to shave off time since it was a little challenge :smile:
    that's cool, its really good to have these little challenges! I'm doing a bunch of face sculpts at the moment that aren't for anything but they challenge me and make me learn a bit more about faces. Plus it means I can fit it in during a busy week :)
  • Lurcisia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lurcisia greentooth
    Ged said:
    Lurcisia said:
    Ged said:
    Thank you! 
    that's cool, its really good to have these little challenges! I'm doing a bunch of face sculpts at the moment that aren't for anything but they challenge me and make me learn a bit more about faces. Plus it means I can fit it in during a busy week :)
    Exactly! That's awesome! I believe things like these are really important.
    Its always good to challenge yourself, I need to do it more!

Hope to see your face sculpts sometime :smile:
  • andyvargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andyvargas polycounter lvl 5
    ahh such a good boy! loving it!
  • Lurcisia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lurcisia greentooth
    ahh such a good boy! loving it!
    hehe thank you! He's doing his best as a good doggo