Shapeways Contest Rules
1. Eligibility. This contest is operated by Polycount in coordination with Shapeways. It is open to Shapeways users over 13 years of age at the time of entry who live in a jurisdiction that does not prohibit this contest. Employees, officers, and directors of Polycount or Shapeways and their immediate family are not eligible to enter. Judges of this contest and their immediate family are not eligible to enter. Individuals may enter more than one entry into the competition but may not do so by way of automated means. By entering this contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules. All entries must comply with and are also bound by the Shapeways general Terms and Conditions, Shop Owner Terms, and any other relevant rules governing behavior on the Shapeways website.
2. The winners will get a Wacom intuous 3D tablet, their project 3D printed ($250 in 3D printing credit to Shapeways) and a trophy. The runner-ups will receive $50 in 3D printing credit to Shapeways.
3. Contest period. This contest is open from 12:01 am New York time on February 19th to 11:59 pm New York time on April 29th.
4. How to Enter. Entries must opt into the Valve licensing program during the period of the contest on the Shapeways website, and be uploaded to a public Shapeways shop and set to public. Entries must be tagged both “dota2” and “polycount” and contain a description as part of the listing. All entries must also have a corresponding “work in progress” thread in the relevant contest sub-forum on the Polycount website. This thread must include a link to the listing on Shapeways.
5. Winner Selection. Polycount will select the winner from the pool of applicants by March 10, 2017. Polycount will be prepared to award the winning and running up prizes to alternates in the event they cannot be contacted in a reasonable amount of time. The jury selected by Polycount and Shapeways will determine the winner based solely on their individual aesthetic and intellectual judgment as to how well the entries capture the essence of the Valve-Shapeways licensing program. In the event of a tie, the entry that is deemed to be most unique will be declared the winner.
6. Winner Notification. The winner will be notified via the email in their Shapeways account. Upon contact, Polycount and/or Shapeways may need to obtain confirmation of the winner’s eligibility. If Polycount and/or Shapeways cannot contact the winner through the contact information in their Shapeways account in a reasonable amount of time, a runner-up will receive the prize. If a runner-up cannot be contacted, Polycount will select a third-place finisher to receive the prize.
7. Retention and Assignment of Rights. Entrants retain the copyright in their entries. By entering the contest, entrants grant Polycount and Shapeways an irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free license to use the entries for promotional purposes, as well as to manufacture the entry for display and promotional purposes.
8. Taxes. The winner will be solely responsible for paying all national, state, and local taxes that may be due on winnings and, as a condition of receiving the prize, Polycount or Shapeways may require the winner complete tax documentation.
9. Liability and Jurisdiction. All national, state, and local laws and regulations apply; void where prohibited. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved exclusively by a court located in Manhattan, New York, USA. Decisions by Polycont regarding the interpretation of these rules are final. By participating in this contest, you agree to release Polycount and Shapeways, and their respective agents from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind of injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession, use, or misuse of any prize. Polycount reserves the right to amend these official rules and to permanently disqualify from this contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules. Polycount reserves the right to suspend or cancel this Contest in the event of hacking, security breach, or other tampering. Any questions regarding this contest should be directed to [email protected]
10. Additional Considerations. Polycount and Shapeways are not responsible for (i) any typographical or other error in any communication relating to the Contest; (ii) lost, illegible, late, misdirected, or incomplete, entries or emails; (iii) interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), websites, telephone, cable or other connections; (iv) any technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, failed, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (v) hardware, software or network malfunctions; (vi) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic; (vi) any damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation of the Contest or downloading or uploading any materials.
Polycount reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest, without notice or other obligation, in the event that Shapeways is prevented from continuing with the Contest or the integrity or feasibility of the Contest is undermined in any respect, including due to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, labor dispute, tampering or other unlawful act, or if, in the sole opinion of Shapeways, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of Polycount, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (b) determine winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Polycount; and/or (c) disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or judging or process or operation of the Contest.