I'm a professional programmer seeking a generalist artist who can create enough assets for a retro FPS demo. I've included links to reference art at the bottom of this post.
The ultimate goal is to launch the project + demo on Kickstarter. Your relationship to the project (project partner / freelancer) and compensation (pay per-asset / royalties / kickstarter percentage or a mix of the three) is negotiable.
I'd prefer someone who enjoys 90's first-person shooters (ex. Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D). It would be a bonus if you have experience modding 90's shooters and/or working with GtkRadiant, Doom Builder, Valve Hammer, or any other brush or sector-based level editor.
Here is a rough list of the assets needed:
* 5-7 animated monster meshes
* 4-5 animated weapon meshes
* 8-12 static power-up meshes (health packs, ammo)
* 10-30 static props (gravestones, monster gibs, etc...)
* 10-20 sprites for the HUD
* 5-10 sprites for particle effects
* 5-10 decals for things like blood and bullet holes
* At least one level
* 25-50 seamless textures for the level(s)
These are rough estimates and might be adjusted depending upon the needs of the demo. All meshes should be low-poly (< 1000 triangles) and all textures low-res (64x64 or 128x128 -ish). You will have a lot of creative freedom on the project so long as you stay within the low-poly, low-res textured theme.
The game's theme is Dark Fantasy / Gothic / Lovecraftian horror.
The screenshots in the following URL's are from Quake mods with beautiful low-poly retro art. You don't have to match the same style so long as the end result is low-poly and pixely.
These screenshots don't match the theme of the game, but are nice examples of low-poly, low-res art:
If you decide to message me, then please include the following:
* A link to your portfolio (if you have one) or a description of your experience level.
* Your history with retro shooters, for example: which one's have you played (if any).
* Your experience - or lack thereof - modding or making maps for retro shooters.
* Your Skype name. I'll send you back mine and we can setup some time to chat.
Thanks for reading. I look forward to hearing from you.