Latest WIP update July 13 - testbake for face and quick substance magic
A few of you may have seen this thread under a different title but now its back and with a new concept. I have been struggling with this character a long while now and after I so cleverly thought of the idea to design clothes myself late last month progress pretty much grind to a halt. When I found the concept below I instantly knew that was the direction I wanted to go so here we are!
The new concept is by Ji Yeun Kim https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nZWOO
To help discipline myself and don't lose track I have set up some goals:
- Reach a standard of current generation games
- Capture the concept as faithfully way as possible
- Push myself when it comes to details - especially concerning pores
- Finish within a reasonable time frame
- Post bi-daily updates at a minimum
...and some time-estimates:
Original estimate of completion
- 3 Weeks for all the high-poly modelling
- 5 Days for lowpoly, UVs & baking
- 1 Week for texturing
- 2 Days for scene set-up and posing
- 4 Days for if something blows up in my face
: July 26, 2016Final deliverable:
Game res model (30k-70k tris) PBR textured in Substance Painter and presented in Marmoset Toolbag 2.
I am very open to any sort feedback you may have so please feel free to leave a comment.