Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Disney Big Hero 6 - Fujitas WIP (C&C wanted)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Zaina polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys, I've been working on recreating one of the Fujitas from Disney animation's Big hero 6 and would love your feedback on how to push the character more. From the book "Art of Big Hero 6" these characters would be thought of as a high school girl gang that would chew on razor blades and like snakes or koi fish. 

Reference images:

Here is one WIP of the character.

Would love to hear what your guys think.

Replies

• Zaina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaina polycounter lvl 10
    I then tried to adjust the proportions a bit to try and make her a bit less realistic and more "Disney." Cant say i am happy with it but it helps break up proportions a bit. But I cant say i am satisfied with it. 
  • kmacneil91
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmacneil91 polycounter lvl 7
    I really like this so far! I think if you're pushing the character, the original appears to have a lot more attitude. Right now your version is cute and perky, which I'm not sure is what your going for. I'd love to see separate strands of hair instead of one piece meshed together, and maybe some different color options. The original also has longer legs. It'd be cool to see this posed after you have this version completed.
  • Zaina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaina polycounter lvl 10
    @kmacneil91 Thanks! I will spend more time on the hair once i have a better understanding of how the character looks like as a whole. In the first WIP i had a general naturalistic proportions going for her (except for her head of course) and I figured id try to see how she would look with bigger thighs + hips compared to her tiny feet/ankles. I tried to couple that with a shorter torso area to try and bring emphasize to her long legs with skates while trying to keep her youthful look. Cant say i succeed but its a start. 
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Looking really solid so far. To really match the concept, I think she needs a bit more chin. It'd help with her looking a bit overly cute

I'm sure you'll have already seen this, but I'm assuming this is a version of the same character.

• Zaina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaina polycounter lvl 10
    @Steve Schulze Thanks! i think i will give that a shot