Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Maya Miko - Miqo'te White Mage - FFXIV

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Tairow polycounter lvl 11
Hi everyone! This will be my new project, I'm a hardcore fan of Final Fantasy games and actually I'm playing the amazing MMO Final Fantasy XIV, I've always wanted to create a fan art of one of their games, this will certainly not be the last one.

The Character I will create is my actual character on the game, I have a female Miqo'te that I've named Maya Miko (Maya because I like the name and Miko, I don't know why....) I focus on the healer path and my main class is the White Mage, a classic from the series. With this in mind I'm trying to create my actual character with the classic white and red robe from the game armed with the Thyrus. (love this weapon its name remind me of my real name! Tairo!)

It will a long project a couple of months at least and my objective its to achieve a quality near Final Fantasy XV realistic but stylized, I will have a very broad limit for the polycount and texture, around 100k for polys and maybe 2 4k sheets for the texture, very broad since my first concern will be achieving the quality I desire.

This is my base reference, my character on the game with the classic robe. Its not my actual robe on the game, but its more memorable.
Main_Ref.png

This is a some concepts for the idea, I have a lot of information on the robe and character since I've bough the artbook of the game (Great artbook by the way with a lots of cloths, armors and weapons references)
Concept_Ref.png

And the result quality I'm trying to achieve, lots of amazing artists all around inspire me, many from here, and reference from games like FF XV itself and from Dishonored 2 trailer and so on.
Result_Ref.png

So that's it, I'll be posting lots of WIP from now on, be sure to follow, and leave critics, comments, ideas, of good references of the character or the result I'm trying to get.

If you want to join me in a few raids on the game and you're on Odin server let's group Up and kill some things!!

Cheers!! :)

Replies