Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Posed Anatomy Study Sculpts Seeking Critique

null
Offline / Send Message
Amanq null
Hello there!

Feast your eyes on my 1.5th attempt at sculpting posed bodies. Ballet is a running theme with a lot of my sculpts as I'm inspired by the lines, and contours created by their moves :) That being said, compressed and stretched muscles are not my strongsuit and welcome any and all feedback/criticism you may have.

Inb4: I've been keeping good tabs on the other anatomy thread by Stealth23, and have been using that as help.

Ref Image:

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Is this 1.5 or 15 attempt ?
    I am currently working of dozen of exercises with increasing complexity related to blocking a pose and what you trying to do on my scale is in the top 3 -> single view multiple figures
    His gesture is better but they both look broken also you are coping the pose as you see it [with prospective distortion ] for example her arms are different length , most likely his too . What is your success with figures in natural symmetrical pose ?
    I suggest instead of sculpting muscle to use basic representation[cylinder sphere cube ] of different body parts and connection between them and only when gesture,rhythm, big volumes and relations are correctly establish to start with muscles
  • Amanq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amanq null
    @carvuliero : This is my 1.5 attempt haha. Wasn't sure what letters to add to 1.5. Also, just to clarify, what parts are broken? And I've had some practice with a natural symmetrical pose. Completed a standard male, female, and fat male sculpts in the past month, but I wanted to challenge myself with this reference to test muscle knowledge of how compression/stretching work.

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Her pelvis and his rib cage for example
    Below you can find big shape of skeleton system .I suggest you learn those and how to block them in any position , if you do that you will have much easier time with complex poses