Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Big Daddy Project

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Lycanchief polycounter lvl 7
Hey Ya"ll Just wanted to start uploading some personal work as I finish it. Take a look and give me any pointers that you feel will help me on this project :)

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Good block out start.  I want to encourage you to take a look into medium poly modeling approaches if you haven't already.  In retrospect now, their design for the character is starkly simple, and I think you have a little more room to add smaller details like they did for the Bioshock 2 protagonist.
  • Chiefs_Den
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chiefs_Den vertex
    Thanks man! I will take that into consideration :)
  • Chiefs_Den
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chiefs_Den vertex
    Here are some updated snaps :)
  • Chiefs_Den
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chiefs_Den vertex
    Note I know its very High poly so far but this is just going to to be for some beauty shots so I don't really mind the tricount. If I was building for engine it would be MUCH lower 
  • Chiefs_Den
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chiefs_Den vertex
    Hey here is the next update! I think he is looking really good
  • izaakb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    izaakb triangle
    Looking really good! As I'm looking at the designs, I feel like the large tube structure extending from shoulders to belly could be finessed a bit more, it's not following the form as much as the original model. Also the squares on the ankles are thicker on the original, though if you're changing it to make it your own, I totally understand why, it does make him look clunkier. But that's the only thing I can say (I'm still novice in my 3D journey, my background is more designs), really cool so far!
  • Chiefs_Den
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chiefs_Den vertex
    izaakb said:
    Looking really good! As I'm looking at the designs, I feel like the large tube structure extending from shoulders to belly could be finessed a bit more, it's not following the form as much as the original model. Also the squares on the ankles are thicker on the original, though if you're changing it to make it your own, I totally understand why, it does make him look clunkier. But that's the only thing I can say (I'm still novice in my 3D journey, my background is more designs), really cool so far!
    Thanks for the feedback! I am making Minor adjustments to try and make him look more "intimidating" without cutting to much down on the clunky steam punk style. Though I might thicken the weights a tad more looking at them again.
    Regardless thanks again for the feedback and stay posted for more updates!
  • Chiefs_Den
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chiefs_Den vertex
    Hey guys here's the latest! I finished the grey box so tell me what yo think! Ill be working on a Little Sister on the side for him and also getting into the z brush faze next