Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

looking for Critiques. Wanna be a professional 3D artist

node
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
D_Choi node
Hello, I was studying 3D art for a year and half. Mostly learning from the internet. I'm interested in game character art, so I focused on that. I recently learned about polycount. I think it would be better if I found out earlier.
I want to be good enough to work in the industry at some point, I know I still need more practice and things to learn, but I wonder if I'm going into right direction.
This two characters are my latest work. I recently learned I need good topology and UV for game characters (wish I knew earlier), so I'm going to work on that again. but so far this is how they look. older works art at https://www.artstation.com/dchoi

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I think you're off to a great start.  Keep at it!  I would work a bit on adding some more hair cards to blend the hair a bit better.  Right now it looks like doll hair 
  • D_Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D_Choi node
    I think you're off to a great start.  Keep at it!  I would work a bit on adding some more hair cards to blend the hair a bit better.  Right now it looks like doll hair 
    Thank you! I'll try to fill the gap.
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    Agreeing with the others about the hair- everything else is pretty solid!

For the guy, I think painting a bit of hair onto the face texture, itself, may help 'ground' the hair planes, as it were.

On the Major one, I think the main issue is the way the strands are flowing- It looks more like a strange hat than hair because it doesn't seem like the hair is coming from the scalp, itself, but rather just flowing over the top of her head.
  • D_Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D_Choi node
    Thank you guys for the feedback! Im working on fixing lowpoly and uv for portfolio! I will work on hair and stuffs you guys mentioned as soon as possible! :)