Home General Discussion

Titanfall 2 is beautiful!

Ged
interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Ged interpolator
Hey everyone, I know I'm super late to the Titanfall 2 party but I just wanted to say it looks and plays awesome and is definitely worth checking out if you are into this sorta stuff and haven't already. Just a big thank you and well done to that art team for making something so kick ass, phenomenal job!

Here's some shots from my play through of the campaign so far just to show why I think it looks great.

Replies

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    That is because it seems like they have some lighting artists that know what they are doing ;)
  • CaptainBlueSkies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really slept on this game when it came out, I'll have to give it a try soon!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Im just really enjoying the main campaign, I think it all just comes together really well, true the lighting is pretty special though. It all looks so carefully thought out. Its one thing having great tools and rendering engines but its another having people who are really great at using those tools.
  • KerryAislinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KerryAislinn polycounter lvl 3
    I love this game. I got the Art Book for it and the concept art simply blows me away. I'm an environment concept artist and am striving to get the quality of my work to be on Titan Fall 2's level. It's been a little bit since I played it but I should get back into it. 
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I would probably love the art book, Ive got the titanfall 1 art book and its pretty good although it doesnt show the models much which disappointed me. Lots of art books have rough concepts and more finished concepts but hardly any examples of the 3d objects created for the game, such a shame in my opinion as these are often amazing highpoly and lowpoly work.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    SOURCE ENGINE

but yeah, great game, great aesthetics.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Yea I remember the art dumps for this, especially the concept art being amazing.

I wonder how clunky their version of source is, I remember trying to make level art with it like 10 years ago and you had to drag and drop models into a command prompt to compile them, static meshes had no lightmaps etc. I am assuming the pipeline has come a long way since then. Titanfall 2 was one of my favorite surprises last year.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    I recently finished the game for the second time in 4K and yep, the environments are pretty nice. It's a MUST HAVE game.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2 and i really miss TitanFall gameplay/movements. BTW, Destiny 2 is also gorgeous.
  • defragger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    I like the environments. The foliage is really great.
    Not a big fan of the mechs though. They look clunky. Especially the mech weapons could be much more delicate.
  • MrBFox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrBFox greentooth
    Love the game and its art direction, especially the mech designs.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

This TF iteration speaks volumes about striking a consummate balance between disparate elements, such as artistic nuance, pipeline finesse and software engineering too output a fully kickass experience, so kudos! to the gang at Respawn :D