Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Stylized, Victorian inspired study

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Anouk polycounter lvl 3

The scene I will be making will be a stylized, Victorian inspired study room. My main inspiration for this comes from reading several stories of Lovecraft. I want the room to look like the owner has hust been abducted by someone or something. So imagine fireplace that just went out, very messy desk (books thrown away, inkpot that fell over, the window will be partly open…). The main objects around which I will build the scene will be a desk, a chair, a big fireplace, a big mirror, a big window with curtains and a bookshelf. I am making this scene for the search for a star competition so the deadline I have is at the end of January.
Under this is a screenshot of what the blockout looks like at the moment. All feedback and ideas are welcome!

Replies

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    hi, am also creating a steampunk/victorian environment (not for that competition but for my portfolio) What you should be most considerate with, is the sculptural detail, ornaments and flowers that are a main part of victorian style, carved in wood. If you cannot find some stencils it can be quite time consuming modeling all these detail, so make a plan on what ornaments are you going to create how you are going to create them