Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

Bosozoku Miss Fortune

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
DaveHansan polycounter lvl 7
I noticed someone else already started a cyberpunk design for another character so I decided against that idea now. But luckily after some digging and research I fell into the idea of a skin for MF that's inspired by Japanese biker/car culture with a lot of attitude called Bosozoku. I started drawing ideas from their fashion and ref from some anime like Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill, GTO, Trigun. There are a few Iconic pieces of clothing I want to incorporate to this piece so people know right away what I'm trying to achieve. Things like the Jotaro style hat, the jacket from the bikers (either the sukajan jacket or the tradional spectre jackets) and the iconic baggy pants tucked into boots. The style of the motorcycles are very inspiring for the type of weapon I'll create lots of lights and large rounded plastic parts and stripes. I plan on filling in all the other areas with random accessories I find from their subculture (which is actually super interesting and theres a few great documentaries on!) I would like to mix and match more color into some of these pieces of clothing to keep it more interesting.  I started drawing stuff  already and its much more fun that my initial idea. I hope to have something to show soon. Stay tuned!

Replies