Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nekker Scavenger

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Lucpus polycounter lvl 3
I created these characters during Jason Martin's course on Game Art Institute. It's a Witcher 3 fan art and enemy concept combined into one. More Renders at: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lQ8Yo

Replies

• MisterWolfen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterWolfen polycounter lvl 8
    This is really well done, my only critique is kind of nitpicky but it's still worth pointing out. You said the concept was for a Nekker Scavenger, but the design doesn't really come off as being a scavenger, besides the pot helmet and old equipment there's no real indication they're a scavenger. I think it would've been really cool if the concept also included some scavenged or stolen goods, either tied onto him, or maybe his mount is carrying him. Like i said it's only a small gripe but i think it'd improve the piece a lot  :)
  • Lucpus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucpus polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for the crit, that's a really good point. I was kinda struggling with what to name him, I guess if I went with the scavenger name, I probably should have committed to more fully.
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    turned out so great! it was awesome seeing it progress in the class
  • MisterWolfen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterWolfen polycounter lvl 8
    @Lucpus Very true, just remember, building that kind of story around a character can make them look much more appealing. Obviously there are cases when something should look generic so it doesn't steal the show as well ;)