Home Career & Education

Is Beginner's Guide to Zbrush -Preorder worth to buy it?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
visionarymindful polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys!

I know this may sound stupid but since there are out free sources for learning Zbrush but I want to learn Zbrush from the beginning because I lack some knowledge on this software , I would like to know what do other people think about this book. 
Please don't get me wrong  :s . I'm just a student living mostly on my own savings .

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    You might be better off buying something that actually intends to complete an asset, like a 3D motive tutorial, etc.  Getting something that does a breadth overview tends to be NOT the right thing a novice needs to actually make something to completion.  

If there are features you need to know about, documentation already exists for it, but that doesn't mean it'll cover basic foundational knowledge about a program well.

No, invest it into a tutorial that takes you from beginning to end completing an art asset.

Assuming you mean this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Guide-ZBrush-3dtotal-Publishing/dp/1909414506
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Book turorial?? What is this, 2002?!
    find a video tutorial on gumroad from someone working in the industry and learn directly from them, for probably 1/3rd of the price of that book. 
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Pluralsight offers unlimited videos with 30$ per month. It is really really worth paying to learn as many programs as you like. Also zbrush central has video tutorials, which are small in length and quite good to be honest. But i still think pluralsight gives the best with the least amount of money