Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Project - Lady Assassin - Kary

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
karytsukino greentooth
Hey Guys!

Its been a while here, I've been really busy due to my work as a freelance character artist, but It's nice finally finding some time to start a new character. As some may know I usually like to work on cartoon/stylized characters, so this time I'm forcing my self a bit and trying to go for something  a bit more realistic. My goal It's not making it soooo realistic but at least a bit more realistic than my  usual work. 

I start working on a new character on my freetime, and as got so lil time I decide not doing a concept by myself and concentrate on the 3D part.
My chosen one was this beautiful concept from  Seok Jeon,  wich I fall in love immediately  with the style. And I hope I can make a good job with it!  >__< 

I've already start blocking out the shapes and working on the proportions. Its really in the beginning of the job and I've a lot of work ahead but I'd love to hear you guy's opinion! 

Thanks again polycount community  for always help me to grow! Progress might or might now be slow, depending on my spare time, but i hope you keep reading and following my progress.  :)

See ya soon o/

Replies

• slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Ok, I did some paintovers.  Again, I'm not the greatest anatomy expert so take these with a grain of salt.  To me, the crotch and butt seem a little high with the gap between her legs being quite large.  I would drop the crotch a tad, and give her inner thighs more mass.  I can understand keeping her thin but with the overall mass of the rest of her body, it feels oddly emaciated in just the upper leg region.  If you want to keep that thin lower torso, I would emaciate her upper body but I don't think you really want that.  Some areas could be softened as well...the belly button, femoral triangle above her butt, her clavicle area, and even her knees a bit.  I also feel like the neck is just a tad too long.  I think the only necks that long are from the african tribes that wear the neck lengthening metal braces lol.  Also, i think the border of the scapula on her back are a little too far towards the middle.  I would also close the gap at the corners of her mouth where her upper and lower lips meet.  She is looking really great though and I can't wait to see the progress!  Sorry if I overstepped with these crits!

• karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
     slosh said:
    Ok, I did some paintovers.  Again, I'm not the greatest anatomy expert so take these with a grain of salt.  To me, the crotch and butt seem a little high with the gap between her legs being quite large.  I would drop the crotch a tad, and give her inner thighs more mass.  I can understand keeping her thin but with the overall mass of the rest of her body, it feels oddly emaciated in just the upper leg region.  If you want to keep that thin lower torso, I would emaciate her upper body but I don't think you really want that.  Some areas could be softened as well...the belly button, femoral triangle above her butt, her clavicle area, and even her knees a bit.  I also feel like the neck is just a tad too long.  I think the only necks that long are from the african tribes that wear the neck lengthening metal braces lol.  Also, i think the border of the scapula on her back are a little too far towards the middle.  I would also close the gap at the corners of her mouth where her upper and lower lips meet.  She is looking really great though and I can't wait to see the progress!  Sorry if I overstepped with these crits!

No problem! I actually gets really exited to see your comments, because you always point something out that I didn't saw before and It really helps me to improve. So I really want to thank you! 
    I'll keep in mind your tips ( and thanks for the paint over too o/) , I totally agree about the  large belly button and neck after putting images together it felt long. But I'll be more careful making some areas more softly. This piece still needs a bit of love XD 
    But I'm really happy that you liked, I hope you keep coming and commenting my progress!  

• Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Will definitly follow this!
    Slosh got you started with some real good feedback, looking forward to see how this progresses
  • Chrysanthi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chrysanthi polycounter lvl 6
    Just followed! Can't wait to see the progress of this! :smiley:
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hi Guys! 

Thanks for the support @Tits and @Chrysanthi

Slow progress here, but I tried to working on your feedback. It was really helpful to improve this model. I'm thinking on moving forward and start blocking some clothes, I hope I have more progress to show by the weekend.  :)
     What do you think guys?  As always Critcs  and comments are welcome!  

Thanks for stopping by o/
    See ya!
  • dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    The face looks like it's gone through an incredible upgrade! Her knees, neck, and back anatomy all really seem to look more on point as well. Really awesome start so far, @karytsukino. Looking forward to seeing your updates
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Thanks @dGreenberg! I'm glad that you liked. And be welcome to comeback and comment :)
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hey guys! 

Sorry for the slow progress, but the work continues here. I made a rough blockout for the character clothes, I like the overall shapes, but I'm not sure about the side view something its bunging me , I'll probably doing a quick paint over on photoshop and start the highpoly during this week. 

What do you think? As always crits and comments are always welcome :)

And thanks for all the tips so far! 

See ya o/

• Mateus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mateus interpolator
    Hi Karina, she's looking great! :)
    I just  have the impression that her feet look a bit small, and also on the side view I have the feeling that she is leaning forward, a little bit out of balance. I made this gif to try to illustrate what I mean, and of course take it with a grain of salt hehe http://i.imgur.com/WNtEmlz.gif
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hi Mateus! 
    Thanks! I'm glad you liked. Yeah I'm not happy with the side view yet, prob I'll do a lil more work on it these days and yeah tot agreed about the feet, but I only saw that after putting everything together >__<"  
    Thanks a lot for taking time to make the gif, this will be really helpful! :)    
  • stororokw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stororokw polycounter lvl 3
    I actually wanted to do this concept when I was searching through artstation, but there are so many straps and belts :s . Maybe you have fixed this already, but I think the problem lies in the neck and chest.
    Look forward to seeing more progress.
    [spoiler] [/spoiler]
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hi @stororokw

Thanks for your feedback! I fall in love with this concept in the minute that I a saw. I'm really worried about this belts too, hahaha.. but I thought that this one worth a shot.  I'm working on the previous feed backs, and moving to the blockout right now, I think it looks better but, I'll post when I have more progress with the accessories.  I'm still working on the chest area, but i think the silhouette that i'm trying to achieve will look a bit different from your suggestion in the end, because i'm trying to considerate the influence of the corset in this area. They tend to lift the breasts a lil bit, so in the end I'm hope to achieve something more like this:

https://br.pinterest.com/pin/365776800956041712/ 

Still a lot to fix anyway...  Lol

Thanks for coming! i'm glad you liked   :D
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hey Guys! 

Its been a while  I've been busy with work and also my vacation hahaha.... But finally its time to comeback with this project!
    Thanks  for all the critcs,  I've been working on your tips and I think the proportions looks better now. 
    Here's where I am with this Lady at the moment:

I focused on blocking all the accessories, specially belts and in the corset part. I'll start working on the pants and the boots ( they will need a lot of work hahaha...)

What do you think?
    As always thanks for the critcs! I hope you keep following my work :)

See ya! 

• Mateus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mateus interpolator
    Looking great!