Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character/Anatomy Studies

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
CodeNirvash polycounter lvl 6
Hi 

I've currently done some anatomy study's for the torso and hands and posed the hands for some extra attention to muscle form shaping, if there's any feedback i could get for the hands currently i will take it on board, for my future projects.

Zsphere Hand:

Hand Process:

Sculpted Hand:

Pose Practice:

Hand Hunger games style:

Hand Intertwined:

Missed Fist Bump:

I'll post the Torso study i have done tomorrow, But an Early thank you for anyone that would give me advice on this.

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Nice zsphere work! The last image looks super.
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Is this a female hand ?
    First your proportions are off - palm and fingers are more or less similar lengths also your fingers are too thing 
    If you check your fingers you will see that they all bend towards the middle finger(its more visible then they are close one another or when you try to grab something ) ,bend which increase after second knuckle  

• CodeNirvash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the advice on the hand i believe that i may have changed them before doing the posing process i'll go back onto my file and see but the guidance is very much appreciated. 

Here is some further anatomy studies that I've done with this being the torso built from an simple sphere primitive in zbrush.

First is was the blocking out and forming of the torso from the reference that i have been using.
    Image result for torso ref

getting the initial form was something that was important for this torso, then doing some sculpting on the torso to build on it.

from here i focused more towards getting the back and chest to look more proportional as the chest looked like plating instead of muscle. then i decided to make some multi angle sheets to further display the torso whilst building upon it more.

by the sudden switch between the first and second was fun as i sort of got the feeling the side part of the torso resembled somewhat like the street fighter characters rib aspects but it helped to visualize it a bit more.

Here is the latest version of the torso looking a bit more stylized but overall resembling an torso in aspects.
  • CodeNirvash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here I did some studies on creating Emotions for the face with building the face up and then using it to create some emotions.

I created an simple base for the face at first and worked on it more to be more proportional.

Then i went from the Normal face expression and changed them around and added some eyebrows during which probably would have been less issue from the start.

I feel like I've learnt a bit on doing some face expressions for the character however still need a lot of work to do. Any feedback is welcomed on board
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    This bottom header of ZBrush 4R8 is detracting from your work.  We kinda get a sense already you're using Zbrush.
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    My suggestion is to start with something like attached image and forget about muscle for a while . at least till you master big shapes , construction, proportion and bony landmarks

• CodeNirvash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This bottom header of ZBrush 4R8 is detracting from your work.  We kinda get a sense already you're using Zbrush.
    Thanks for the Advice i thought maybe showing it will keep in mind where it was made from however i guess not since it's shown before, will using the logo be better or pasting say an website url there instead?
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I do not think you need anything to show where you made it, as it is just a matcap render currently. I would say if you want to show it, have a logo in a corner with your name, should suffice. 

And something I think you should do is to spend some more time on a lower subdivision on your major forms, as right now your sculpts are missing the underlying structure. Even though you are emphasizing the landmarks, they feel wrong. For example on the chest it does not feel like you have an underlying ribcage, as it is so lumpy and uneven on the main surface. 
    On your faces the skull shape is missing, which is really apparent around the eyes, and the forehead structure. 
    What references where you creating those heads from?

I would say if you are going to do anatomy studies, work from really solid reference and try to match it up as good as you can and try to understand why the shapes are as they are. On the chest piece it is super apparent that you do not have had any references from the side or angles which really hurts your sculpt and what you can learn from it.