Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character based of concept Advice and critique needed

triangle
Offline / Send Message
EnriqueGn triangle
Working on this concept by Baldi Konijn, right now I'm working on the block out, any advice is really welcome, my objective is to make this an in-game character.

Replies

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    A great choice of concept!

Id say you have a good start on how you want to approach this character. But currently you mostly want to look at the proportions and your major shapes. The horns are going back to much on your sculpt, his head is to big, the hand is to small compared to the fingers, the thumb positioning, arm thickness and the shoulder width is stuff I see in a first glance.

Do not forget after working a while to zoom out, take a screen-shot and compare it side by side to the concept. Nail all the proportions then go on to block in your anatomy! =) 

Also if you want even better feedback, post more angles in your images so we can see the model in all its glory to help you push it. 

Good luck! 
  • EnriqueGn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EnriqueGn triangle
    A great choice of concept!

Id say you have a good start on how you want to approach this character. But currently you mostly want to look at the proportions and your major shapes. The horns are going back to much on your sculpt, his head is to big, the hand is to small compared to the fingers, the thumb positioning, arm thickness and the shoulder width is stuff I see in a first glance.

Do not forget after working a while to zoom out, take a screen-shot and compare it side by side to the concept. Nail all the proportions then go on to block in your anatomy! =) 

Also if you want even better feedback, post more angles in your images so we can see the model in all its glory to help you push it. 

Good luck! 
    Thanks a lot for all the advice, ill work on it and post updates,by now ill just add a side and back view and hope I can keep getting advice, Thanks a ton!