Home Technical Talk

[HardMesh 2.1] How Do I Open It? [SOLVED]

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
daniellooartist polycounter lvl 11
Software: Maya 2016.5 Ext 2
Plugin: HardMesh 2.1 (trial)
Operating System: Windows 10 (latest)

Hello everyone. I would like to try out HardMesh for Maya because it looks awesome! The only problem is, I can't figure out how to open it.

I have been using the following documentation. I installed it and verified the two scripts went where they were supposed to go. I can't figure out how to activate it because it does not tell me how to in the documentation. Normally when you install a plugin, Maya has a new shelf tab but not this time. I also looked through a bunch of Youtube videos to see how everyone is opening it but all of them start with HM already open. The only one that does not is so blurry, I can't tell what he's clicking on. I know it's somewhere in the modeling shelf but I went through every modeling menu to find this thing with absolutely no luck.

http://www.hard-mesh.com/documentation21#workflow

[UPDATE/SPOILERS]
I had to contact the organization for the key directly. Anyone looking for a trial key, email sales@pux-3d.com and they will respond faster than lightning!

Replies

• daniellooartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: Attempted to see if it autoloaded. Checked the Maya plugins manager. My plugins manager would not open. I isolated the problem to the prefs/windowPrefs.mel file and replaced it with a default one. After looking at the file in notepad, it SHOULDN'T harm any of my custom tools or settings... right?

At any rate, I reinstalled it and noticed hmtools was not auto loaded like it said. After trying to enable it, I receive the following error. 

[quote]

Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016.5/scripts/startup/rememberViewportSettings.mel line 29: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. // 
    // untitled // 
    commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
    // AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:28:19)
    # pymel.core : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: mayaHIK, invertShape, GamePipeline, CloudImportExport, curveWarp, tiffFloatReader, MASH, poseInterpolator, bifrostvisplugin, ATFPlugin, ikSpringSolver, ik2Bsolver, xgenToolkit, AbcExport, retargeterNodes, gameFbxExporter, VectorRender, OpenEXRLoader, lookdevKit, Unfold3D, Type, modelingToolkit, deformerEvaluator, renderSetup, GPUBuiltInDeformer, fbxmaya
    // AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:28:19)
    updateRendererUI;
    // Hard Mesh: Licence not present
    // Hard Mesh: Invalid License or Trial licence is expired
    // Hard Mesh: Contact: info@pux-3d.com for information

// 

// Error: line 1: initializePlugin function failed (hmTools) // 
    // Hard Mesh: Licence not present
    // Hard Mesh: Invalid License or Trial licence is expired
    // Hard Mesh: Contact: info@pux-3d.com for information

[/quote]

It appears like the issue is with the license, but that makes no sense because I downloaded a trial version.
  • daniellooartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update. I was supposed to contact the dev for a trial key. I placed in the trial key but it's not making a difference. The developers and I are currently looking for the root cause of the problem and investigation is ongoing. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Resolved.
  • travesty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    travesty polycounter lvl 14
    hey man im currently having the same issue
    (# Error: RuntimeError: file C:\Users\travis\Desktop\HardMesh_2.33_WINONLY\scripts\hmScripts\UI\HmOptions_HardMeshOperation.py line 571: Object's name 'hmRadioShaderCollection' is not unique. #)

what was the fix?