Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter - 1080ti

Elith2
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Elith2 polycounter lvl 9

So after playing around with different drivers for the 1080ti i've found a relatively stable version for Substance Painter. Does anyone that uses SP with this card have any benchmarks for smooth performance vs resoltuion? I had heard it was smooth as you like, and at 2048 it is painting (relatively) smoothly with the odd hiccup where is thinks for a second, at 4096 just no chance of any decent painting because of lag, updating generators is a little laggy at 2048 too, not massively but it isn't a 100% smooth update. Maybe i am not fully recalling how it was to use the 970, or i am overestimating what the 1080ti can do.

If you aren't experiencing any of this was there any specific changes you made to how the card worked alongside SP or was it defaults and worked fine?

Replies

• Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Performances

It'd be neat if SP had some benchmark tool so people could test their GPU's and share how much an improvement they are. If painting is what you want lag-free try moving the layer you're painting on to the very top of the stack temporarily, and change the brush projection method to UV, which is the cheapest but doesn't cross seams as nicely.
  • Elith2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elith2 polycounter lvl 9
    Sorry for the slow reply. Yeah i took a look at the performance stuff and couldn't see anything there that really related. I've heard a few other people mention recent windows updates have possibly caused issues with ryzen/1080 builds. So i'll wait for the next update and see if it sorts it out.

I didn't realise that about the UV projection, i'll had a play around with that see if it gets some performance back :)

Cheers.