Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique and Feedback Wanted!

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MarcoSkoog vertex
Hello everyone! I'm a complete beginner to z brush, would love some critique on these sculpts. The second one is a wip. Need some help with hard surface modeling how do I do?? :smile:

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    First one is overall muddy and seems to try to aim for a scary mask person on Halloween.  The idea is sensed, but the execution needs to be cleaned up, which can be solved with more planning, care, and attention to the sculpt.

The second one I get that you're trying to make a bust, but can't tell what makes your idea cool or particularly attractive.  Do you have an existing concept, reference board, or something similar that will show us (not tell us in writing) what you're hoping to accomplish?

Hard surface modeling in Zbrush comes in several varieties, but I particularly recommend a method that has you going back and forth between Zbrush and a 3D software package like Modo or Maya.

In short:
    1) Roughly Block out model / sketch in Zbrush the element you need.  
    2) Retopologize the element sketch in clean topology.
    3) In a 3D package, clean up the retopology and get the element to properly subdivide into a clean high poly mesh.
    >> You should have a nice high poly mesh that you can more easily edit.

Another method is this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/PassiveHost?preview=Straight+to+High+Poly+Modeling+BrianPandaChoi.docx 

Also, if you're on Windows, use the Snipping Tool to grab on screen shots of specific areas.