Home Technical Talk

3ds max 2017 stuck in baking!

CMZ.neu
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
CMZ.neu polycounter lvl 4
I'm rendering to texture in max 2017,i am new to baking but i have done this many times before with no issues like this but suddenly for no reason it get stuck here, the progress bar won't move and every click in max i get an error sound and it won't let me do anything except when i press escape to try to render again and it gets stuck again. I have tried, making new scene, reinstalling max, playing with render parameters, sometimes(rarely) it will render the first time but after that it gets stuck. In max 2015 it renders fine but i want to use 2017(because it has some things like orbit around point and such).
Any ideas? 
Here is a screenshot of where it gets stuck of a simple low poly cube to high one with turbosmooth.

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Can you share that scene, it looks pretty simple?
    Make sure you are running the latest service packs too.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    try to remove the shelf options you have highlighted and the auto uvw, use the bare minimum render settings and work your way up ffrom there, that sounds indeed bizarre
  • CMZ.neu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CMZ.neu polycounter lvl 4
    I don't think it's a matter of memory or anything like that because i have rendered much more complex stuff before, this scene is literally just 2 cubes one high poly with turbo 3 iterations, i just made a new scene to test it. 
    Right now i'm short on time because i need to finish something so i downloaded max 2018 and i'm working and rendering fine with that so for now i will just not use 2017 but i wanted to ask if anybody has this even happen before, what surprised me is that i uninstalled 2017 and reinstalled it and it still happened.