Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Final year showreel for my undergraduate, feedback and crit.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Youshi polycounter lvl 3
Finally, finally, I've finished education and looking to really polish my work. Below is my showreel and I would really love an opportunity to see what people think, what could be changed, added or removed. And even maybe anything that works well!

Replies

• HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5

It looks good so far, any reason why you don't have a number for people to contact you? Other than that, you should probably include whether or not the concept and whole design was something you created, or if you used someone else's concept art and include the reference image if you did.

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    I know a lot of people are saying about the phone numbers. However, I feel like in this day and age that a phone number doesn't matter as much as an email or a skype name. Especially if you are jumping between countries, it can be difficult to have a number that you would always be reached at (or at least that is my personal experience) 

What I can say though is that you should include a link (probably in your profile instead of in your showreel) to your online portfolio. Maybe in your showreel hint towards how people would be able to find your online presence. 

As for the models. I think they are good. But I would say that maybe you should think about creating a small base for the characters, like what you have started for the female Darius, just to put them in a scene, an atmosphere... 
    Just my 2 cents. 
    Really good work Keön. Good luck now that you've finished uni! :) 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Replace the music with something more mellow.  The EDM is too much, I immediately muted the video.  You want to minimize the possibility that people will get annoyed with your reel.
  • Elithenia
  • Youshi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Youshi polycounter lvl 3
    Wow! You guys are awesome thank you! I agree on the EDM to be honest haha, it was a last minute music choice, will look for something more appropriate. I'll try to elaborate also on what is my work and what isn't. I tried to do it, but it probably isnt clear enough!
    And thank you Elithenia for the kind words! I did actually create them, but chose not to include them (for some reason or another haha). And that link is SUPER useful, so thank you very much again!
  • Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    You're welcome.
    Don't forget to post our updated reel :)
  • AustinJH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AustinJH null
    Wonderful reel, my biggest issue was the music, you need something more calm. In most of the reels I watch, its always hardcore or loud annoying music that doesn't belong in a demo reel. You need something soft and I believe any artist should embrace that.