Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fish-man

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
skydrow polycounter lvl 8
Current state:

Hi guys!

So as the title says, the idea it's to make an hibrid between a fish and a man. Yeah, heavily inspired by Lovecraft hehe. My initial idea it's to make him look more human than fish due I think it could be more original than making an antropomorphic creature with a few human features. This will be my first attempt to make an in-game model so wish me luck! As always crits of all kind are wellcome and very apreciated.

Currently I have nearly finished the high poly head. I will do some tweaks and work the ears (I hate them). Next think after that is the high-poly teeth and some accesories to make him look more human. The beard it's just a placeholder, I'll study a better way for it.

Replies

• skydrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Small update. Teeth is nearly done and I've also tweacked the head. Now I'll get my hands dirty with the accesories. Criticism welcome!

• Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    I think the lighting you have going on makes it really hard to properly make out all the features. I hardly noticed at first that he had a beard, for example. I like how you've done the eyes.
  • skydrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic said:
    I think the lighting you have going on makes it really hard to properly make out all the features. I hardly noticed at first that he had a beard, for example. I like how you've done the eyes.
    Thanks for the feedback ! I will keep that in mind for the next renders.
  • Khimarra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khimarra polycounter lvl 7
    It might not even be the lighting that makes it hard to tell what is going on. What material are you using? It seems really dark, plus the shine makes it hard to tell what's going on. I would suggest using one of the basic materials while sculpting. 

That being said, I love this guy's facial expression! He looks like a crazy farmer or something at the moment.
  • skydrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khimarra said:
    It might not even be the lighting that makes it hard to tell what is going on. What material are you using? It seems really dark, plus the shine makes it hard to tell what's going on. I would suggest using one of the basic materials while sculpting. 

That being said, I love this guy's facial expression! He looks like a crazy farmer or something at the moment.
    Thanks for the kind words @Khimarra, really appreciated :wink:. I think you're right, I will try to use basic or another similar material for the next shots.
  • skydrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So well, I think I'm nearly done with the high poly stuff. Any crit would be very helpful at this stage. After polishing it I will begin retopo.
    Close up to show skin details. 
  • skydrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had a lot of work this last months. Due I don't like to leave projects unfinished, I've decided to go only for a render. For now I've the final composition and lighting done. Also, I did some tweacks to the sculpt. Next I'll go for the colouring and the background.
    Any thought very welcome!