Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My Sci-Fi Revolver.. Please advice me..

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Dks13632725 polycounter lvl 3

I'm not sure about my designs, Is this making some senses?

If not, please criticize do as you want please.

I want my cornpops.

Replies

• waedoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waedoe polycounter lvl 8
    The design is very war hammer bulkyish, if that's what you are going for, it sounds as though you are slightly uncertain of your design though. I would challenge you to stop working and go look at references immediately and find shapes, details, and forms you find appealing and make a influence map of what kind of aesthetic you really want to achieve. There is no making up things in art, instead pick and choose bits and pieces from what already exists and amalgamate them.

Part 2: turn chromatic aberration off, like lens flare its super noticeable if not subtlety pulled off, and it doesn't seem to server much a purpose besides hiding details and edge work on the render.

you contrast between gun metal and white paint is extreme and is drowning out any subtle damages you might have.

pick a focal point or theme of the gun and focus on that, right now there is no one attention grabbing feature.

function? again background story why is it made this way, why is this bulky pistol better than something i could get smaller? who wields this weapon, is it standard issue or would only a hero use it?

Asking these questions and starting with reference and creating simple form and simple shape language will benefit your concepting and understanding of your models and artwork.
  • Dks13632725
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dks13632725 polycounter lvl 3
    waedoe said:
    The design is very war hammer bulkyish, if that's what you are going for, it sounds as though you are slightly uncertain of your design though. I would challenge you to stop working and go look at references immediately and find shapes, details, and forms you find appealing and make a influence map of what kind of aesthetic you really want to achieve. There is no making up things in art, instead pick and choose bits and pieces from what already exists and amalgamate them.

Part 2: turn chromatic aberration off, like lens flare its super noticeable if not subtlety pulled off, and it doesn't seem to server much a purpose besides hiding details and edge work on the render.

you contrast between gun metal and white paint is extreme and is drowning out any subtle damages you might have.

pick a focal point or theme of the gun and focus on that, right now there is no one attention grabbing feature.

function? again background story why is it made this way, why is this bulky pistol better than something i could get smaller? who wields this weapon, is it standard issue or would only a hero use it?

Asking these questions and starting with reference and creating simple form and simple shape language will benefit your concepting and understanding of your models and artwork.
    Ok I noticed it.