Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] "The Robolab"

Intro
Still learning, still discovering, still in awe of that incredible Unreal Engine

Tech
Unreal Engine 4 / Quixel Suite / Blender
The video and images have absolutely no post-production work done. All imagery you see is coming straight out of the engine.

Story
High up in the French Alps on a desolate mountaintop a few members of the EPIC staff have found a retreat to work on a secret project called "Robo Recall". The game would later turn out to write history by becoming one of the first real jawdropping VR experiences,
a true industry milestone.

https://youtu.be/z6qWTMslUi0?vq=hd1080

Replies

• RustySpannerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustySpannerz polycounter lvl 13
    A beautifully done environment, the lighting and materials look really nice! But I think the robot lets it down, it seems quite low poly and the texture seems a little basic. 
  • Kid.in.the.Dark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kid.in.the.Dark polycounter lvl 6
    Exactly the same thought as @RustySpannerz
    my initial thought was that this environment looked really all rounded up until I saw the robot. The materials look like it's just got constant 1 vectors plugged into the material and left as that... especially in this picture...

and the model itself just displays no defining detail... other than that I'm a little weird about the placement of that shoe, the sensation I get from it being placed there randomly kind of makes me think that whoever that shoe belonged to would possibly have been kidnapped or something of that nature, a sense of struggle or something... although there are situations and countless explanations on how that shoe got there... but yeah this is just based on what I felt the moment I saw it. Unless that's what you're going for then ignore this.

Especially in this shot...