Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Nattstaden

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Realmkeeper polycounter lvl 6
Hey, guys!  I'm starting this project based off a concept titled "Nattstaden" by David Noren:

The blockout is basically done except for the building facade and the domed ceiling, the latter of which is rather intimidating since not much of it is shown in the concept.  If anyone has any tips on how to tackle that they'd be greatly appreciated.  In the meantime, here are a couple shots of the blockout:

The main goal will be to hit AAA quality for the piece so it can be used in my portfolio.  Along the way I'm aiming to improve with Substance Designer, maybe give Painter a whirl since they go hand-in-hand, and re-familiarize myself with Zbrush for the statues.

Specific challenges with this piece will be the aforementioned ceiling, the human statues (I don't have too much experience with anatomy), and the liquor cabinet since it's a little vague in the concept.  It almost looks like there are stairs going around the back of it so the bartender can reach the fancy liquors up top, but it also looks like there's no way to get behind the bar.  Maybe I'll put a trap door behind the bar or something silly like that.  I'm not entirely sure that I'll do the floating balcony thing in the background.  It's cool, but rather unrealistic in an otherwise reality-grounded place (he says after positng a trap door behind the bar).  We'll see if I can find some reference for anything remotely similar.  Lighting may also present some challenges.

As for the rest of it I feel fairly confident going forward.  Any C&C is welcome and appreciated!

Replies