Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

LOOKING FOR SOME Constructive Criticism

Powakong
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Powakong null
Looking for some last minute feedback on improvements on my 3D environment. 

Replies

• Kid.in.the.Dark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kid.in.the.Dark polycounter lvl 6
    Here's my critique on your environment :)

- The scene lacks colour diversity/tonal values, it's all very grey scale purplish and kind of just moulds into one thing, perhaps making the pipes a shade darker would help but it may not be enough still.
    - Too much grunge distributed across everything equally, most of which would need some serious water damage to achieve that amount of grunge along the entire wall... specify main areas of water damage likeliness and dial back in areas that would possibly have less grunge build up.
    - Wall behind sofa chair has an obvious seam where the UVs are mirrored.
    - Lack of material definition. I can't tell what's concrete or what's metal, what is the desk made of, etc. I'd also work with contrasting roughness values between surfaces as well since everything here is just really dry/matte looking and seems a little dull.
    - An obvious vertical flip of graffiti decal on walls near tunnel entrance.

Other than those, the scene holds a lot of character, demonstrates some decent narrative and gets the point across. Definitely has some potential. Keep it up.
  • Powakong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Powakong null
    Here's my critique on your environment :)

- The scene lacks colour diversity/tonal values, it's all very grey scale purplish and kind of just moulds into one thing, perhaps making the pipes a shade darker would help but it may not be enough still.
    - Too much grunge distributed across everything equally, most of which would need some serious water damage to achieve that amount of grunge along the entire wall... specify main areas of water damage likeliness and dial back in areas that would possibly have less grunge build up.
    - Wall behind sofa chair has an obvious seam where the UVs are mirrored.
    - Lack of material definition. I can't tell what's concrete or what's metal, what is the desk made of, etc. I'd also work with contrasting roughness values between surfaces as well since everything here is just really dry/matte looking and seems a little dull.
    - An obvious vertical flip of graffiti decal on walls near tunnel entrance.

Other than those, the scene holds a lot of character, demonstrates some decent narrative and gets the point across. Definitely has some potential. Keep it up.

[] Exactly what i'm looking for , thanks a lot. All feedback is appreciated.  :)