Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ - Why does my model not sell?

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
mr_matt null
I have recently made a model for element3D of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. I was one of the first to upload to 3Docean, I believe it was uploaded a day after the first two. However, much to my frustration, there has been a total of 7 sales of other people's models - not mine. I don't mean to be biased, but I'm sure my model is better than the others.

This is my model: https://3docean.net/item/element3d-samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus/19688754

These are the others: https://3docean.net/search?utf8=✓&term=galaxy+s8

Who's do you think is best, and what could I do to boost my sales?

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    The other ones only have 1-3 sales too. Also id try to sell on turbosquid as well
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    you're asking on the wrong forum. We can crit your work but this really looks like a business problem.

As far as I can tell the main difference is the two top sellers on that list are prolific sellers who consistently put out good stuff. They likely have a solid reputation and customers that know what to expect and go back to them for more.

last guess - they all show screen shots of the phones UI. A random image might not give the same mental connection
  • mr_matt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_matt null
    Thanks everyone for the responses.

@Shrike I have tried that in the past but I couldn't get anything on there, all my models were just constantly drafts. I couldn't figure it out and eventually gave up, besides, the competition is pretty intense there.

@TeriyakiStyle That's a good idea. I will do that for all my future models.

@fearian I wondered that. The reason I thought those pictures would be good was they are the official stock images that even Samsung themselves use on their website. I might have to use the UI image though.

@JoshuaG You'd be surprised what the demand for these phone models seems to be. 3D Ocean has one iPhone 7 model that's made over 170 sales now.
  • bigodon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bigodon polycounter lvl 8
    You could try put it on 3dsky and sell there
    if you don't mind, but 15 bucks is a bit pricey for a single prop

to improve value, you also can try do some unity/ue4 interactions
    like make the phone ring, make the phone vibrate when someone is calling, make the screen customizable, make the phone partialy usable... something like we have on gta5? 

this will envolve some blueprint work, but this will be more apealing for people purchase.
    good luck!
  • ComradeDispenser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ComradeDispenser polycounter lvl 3
    a good book won't sell just because it's good. what i'm trying to say here is that there might not necessarily be something wrong with your model. it could be a presentation problem, but most likely it's a business problem - people are more likely to choose something from well established authors and such. like @fearian said we can crit your work, but i dont think this is a forum discussing problems like those. they run much deeper and i wish it were that easy to actually go out there, sell something and expect to earn a decent buck.