Home Technical Talk

Marvelous designer- how long would this take... (time?)

Jonathan85
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9
How long would it take to a semi-skilled marvelous designer to MODEL (not texture, not unwrap, just model) something like the second picture in the following link? (the blue jacket model). Im asking only about modeling the cloths in marvelous designer (not the character):

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset....jpg?1443929798

Semi-skilled marvelous designer person. Not a "noob", but not a pro...
Whats your time estimation for this? (please do not write "it depends..." thats useless).

Thank ÿou ! :-)

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    that looks like it could be done in an afternoon. unless i'm missing something it's a simple shape with a few elastic internal lines and then a layer copy with pressure applied. most of the time probably spent playing with sim values and material settings.

the pants look like more work to me.
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    8 hours probably. A proper pro would have it done in a matter of minutes though, they have all these patterns ready to go lol.
  • Jonathan85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9
    Oh BTW... thats also my question that was in my mind for months... is there any site where you can "download" or just "look" at the patterns...?

I mean especially something like site dedicated to real life hobby sewing cloths, were the patterns might be layed out...? Is something like that?