Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I need critiques for class help!

EggToast
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
EggToast null
We need to get people to give us critiques and apply them so any input would be much appreciated.
model

Replies

• slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Are you going for just a handpainted look?  Might help if there was a concept to compare to as well.  I dig the shapes!  I think the textures could use a lot of love.  If he is just handpainted, he could use a metal highlight pass and an AO pass in general.  I would look at some good ref of handpainted metals like from Blizzard or Riot.  I would also do a grime and wear pass.  Make stuff feel worn and dirty...it always adds character.  The dome and red light could use more painted detail as well.  If the dome is glass, paint it to have more of a reflective quality.  Give the light a source so it feels like an actual light.
  • EggToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EggToast null
    slosh said:
    Are you going for just a handpainted look?  Might help if there was a concept to compare to as well.  I dig the shapes!  I think the textures could use a lot of love.  If he is just handpainted, he could use a metal highlight pass and an AO pass in general.  I would look at some good ref of handpainted metals like from Blizzard or Riot.  I would also do a grime and wear pass.  Make stuff feel worn and dirty...it always adds character.  The dome and red light could use more painted detail as well.  If the dome is glass, paint it to have more of a reflective quality.  Give the light a source so it feels like an actual light.

Wow that was incredibly useful! Yeah I was going for more of a hand painted look, I will definitely look up some metal and glass textures from Blizzard and add some weathering to the metal! Thanks a lot man I appreciate it!