Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portrait project

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
the moik polycounter lvl 9
Been working on this for the past week so I have something realistic to put on my reel for graduation in a few months and would love to get some crit on any aspect :)

Replies

• Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    Saw this on art station. This is fucking dope!! :D 
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
  • KatieCGI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KatieCGI null
    That is incredible! Well done! 
  • MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDyermaker polycounter lvl 3
    First off, this is looking great so far. Really nice hair and color tones. I can tell you added some subtle pores on the skin and would look great if you added that detail to the lips (lip creases). Also, the eyes could be a bit more realistic. Looks like you've textured a sphere. So if you model the concaved iris inside the eye and still kept the outer convex sphere, the lighting would seem more natural.
  • the moik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off, this is looking great so far. Really nice hair and color tones. I can tell you added some subtle pores on the skin and would look great if you added that detail to the lips (lip creases). Also, the eyes could be a bit more realistic. Looks like you've textured a sphere. So if you model the concaved iris inside the eye and still kept the outer convex sphere, the lighting would seem more natural.
    Thanks for the crit, the eye actually is modelled concave for the iris :)
    The cornea is also modelled properly with a refractive index of 1.34 which should be accurate, perhaps my lighting is the issue?

• MDyermaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDyermaker polycounter lvl 3
    No problem seems like the eyeball is modeled correctly then. It could be the lighting but I feel like it should react properly to any kind of lighting. Maybe the gloss amount could be increased to get a sharper highlight?
  • AgreeingMachine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgreeingMachine polycounter lvl 3
    Lovely amount of detail. I agree with MDyermaker, something about the eyes begs adjustment, but it's hard to say. I wonder too about the hair, how easy would it be to fray the hairline from the temples down?

• samnwck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    samnwck polycounter lvl 9
    Lovely amount of detail. I agree with MDyermaker, something about the eyes begs adjustment, but it's hard to say. I wonder too about the hair, how easy would it be to fray the hairline from the temples down?

I'll tack onto this one, I feel like either smaller hair plains need to be added to make it so the viewer can't see so far into the scalp or the scalp needs to have some hair texturing on it otherwise it gives this young looking character the look of a guy with a thinning hairline. Along with the other stuff people have added this is looking good.
  • the moik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been absent for a short while,
    Thanks for all the crit quys!
    In regards to the gloss of the eyes they were pretty glossy (0.98 in refraction and reflection). I also had a pretty bright spec colour too so it was probably the lighting :)

I'll give the hair another pass when I get time to return to this project :)

Thanks guys :)