Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Critique

dermacon
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
dermacon null
Hey Polycount! I'd like to hear some feedback on the work that I've got and if the skills/work I'm presenting is lacking in something.
Here's the link:  https://www.artstation.com/artist/dermacon

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it!

Replies

• slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    What are you going for with your folio?  I am in the gaming industry so I look for breakdowns, high res shots, etc.  Basically to see how you work with UVs, efficient modeling, sculpting ability, as well as other pipeline techniques.  All I see in your folios are beauty shots and I have zero clue how you got to that point.  The assets are mediocre at best to be honest.  I would focus on making something a bit more complicated and really breaking down your process.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Like slosh said you need a much more comprehensive breakdown of the process and assets 
  • HughieDM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HughieDM polycounter lvl 7
    Do you have a goal in mind with your portfolio?
    A little more context as to what you would like to do would help.

Right know I see alot of different stuff, and I think you need to focus.

As for what is there the modeling seems a bit out of scale and a little repetitious, and texturing feels like it doesn't have alot of thought, character or identity. 

You do some pretty cool post work on the images but Im guessing you want to be a 3d artist and I think you need to focus on improving those models.

Best