Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Female Character

Carrath
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Carrath polycounter lvl 5
Hey polycounters

I want to improve my texturing and anatomy skills and decided to make the following character. But I'm not sure about my workflow. I never sculpted a figure in pose and I am not sure if I should do it now. But otherwise I want to make her anatomy correct (wrinkles, muscles etc.). I guess she will not become a game character but one who will be rendered. To texure the model before posing it makes sense but what is about the stretching of her neckmuscles. Or should I just pose her and put a polypaint on it. I am really confused. I know the workflow for game characters but somehow I don't know what I should do now.

Of cause C&C is very welcome!

Thank you in advance

I don't know the original artist. Maybe someone knows whose picture this is from so I can name him/her.

EDIT: This is Anjali from Dungeon Siege 3

I am sorry for the quality. These are just screenshots

Replies

• Carrath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a small update :) C&C is very welcome

• TaraLPers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TaraLPers null
    Hey I really love your work it's really coming along great. The only thing I could say is that the eyes seem a little far apart and the bridge of the nose could probably be a bit bigger/ straighter. In the reference picture the nose just looks less curved and more straight and strong.
  • Carrath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you TaraLPers :) I reworked her again and changed the eyes, belly, back, arms ... seams like I changed everywhere a little bit except of the nose ;)  But I don't know what to think about the belly and back.

• MrPrice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Carrath I am a new artist to Polycount and currently studying as an student. Really like your work and think you grasp on anatomy is of a high level! The only thing I might say is I think the ears need to be pulled out a tiny bit width way to separate them from the skull in the "Front View". Besides think it is coming along really well and am excited to see the end results!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    HI Carrath :)
    Didn't have the time to get into the body and I'm not the greatest at paintover but here's some suggestions I had about the face.
    it's relatively small changes but they will do a whole lot making your face looks more natural and more anatomicaly correct.
    The profile silhouette had a lot more issues, I hope this helps :)

• Carrath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I put her aside for a few days to get a fresh look on her again.

@MrPrice Thank you :)  I guess it's still a long way to go
    @Tits thank you for your paint over :)

• Carrath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hope someone has an idea of what I am doing wrong. I made the UV in Max and baked in xNormal and max. But somehow I have seams. I switched the greenchannel and baked a few times but nothing changed. I have the seams in max, substance painter 2 and marmoset.