Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Elf Dude Guy

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Mazz8 polycounter lvl 4
Hey friends,

I originally sculpted this guy without limbs out of a poor habit. Now that I decided to give him arms, everything looks really wonky and at my current artistic level I'm having a hard time figuring out what needs to be tweaked. I know the hand definitely needs a reconstruction and the arm curves are off. If someone could assist me with a paint-over or just some guidance I promise I will give you a nice shoulder rub one day.

Replies

• Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Hi!
    There is multiple reason for you to feel like this is looking odd.
    First the hand should be palm facing down, and not forward.
    The connection between the arm and the body also looks odd because of how short the torso is.
    I've put head next to your model because, based on average proportions,  head 2 is about the height of the nipple, third the belly button etc.
    Currently everything is about half a head too high which throws off the whole thing and makes it feels strange.
    You should rework the deltoid area and also the pectoralis major would help sell the look.
    Keep it up!
    (excuse my very crappy paint over)
  • Mazz8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mazz8 polycounter lvl 4
    Tits said:
    Hi!
    There is multiple reason for you to feel like this is looking odd.
    First the hand should be palm facing down, and not forward.
    The connection between the arm and the body also looks odd because of how short the torso is.
    I've put head next to your model because, based on average proportions,  head 2 is about the height of the nipple, third the belly button etc.
    Currently everything is about half a head too high which throws off the whole thing and makes it feels strange.
    You should rework the deltoid area and also the pectoralis major would help sell the look.
    Keep it up!
    (excuse my very crappy paint over)
    THank you for the breakdown, it is a massive help and exactly what I needed!