Home Technical Talk

3DS MAX UNWRAPPING help!

F5_official
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
F5_official vertex
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue with the UV'S, I'm having difficulties getting the UV grid properly coordinated and it's forming a part of my texture to be very distorted????  

Replies

• Filip5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Filip5 polycounter lvl 9
    You have to manually unwrap your model. Here is a youtube video with proces.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eR4i2Pg2cio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    (Belive me or not, I forgot how to insert youtube video. Anyway, just click the link and it opens in a new tab)

Furthermore, you can edit single faces by selecting them in selection while unwrapping, and using projection. Afterwards just ajust part so it fits the others

• Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    find some basic uv videos for sure. Cylinder project the outside of the Cylinder, project the faces facing upwards in the Y. Should be mostly good. Still check for distortion, but if it's minimal and you're painting in something like 3DCoat, then you should be fine.
  • JEmerson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JEmerson polycounter lvl 7
    Also, don't forget to use the Relax tool in the Edit UVWs window.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are a bunch of different ways you could unwrap it but it seems like your seams might be in the right places and you just need to relax it.

If we could get a screenshot of your UV layout then we could probably come up with ways to fix what you have. Otherwise what Noth said will work, but so will all of the other ways that you could unwrap this.