Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(UE4) Bioshock Rapture Apartment

nikkiPito
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
nikkiPito polycounter lvl 8

Hello Polycount! This is my first post! :) I’m a senior game art student at Champlain College, specializing in environments. I’ve been wanting to make a Bioshock inspired scene since I learned how to model considering Bioshock was a huge inspiration to me - one of the first games I played when I realized games truly are art! 

I decided I wanted to create a luxury apartment that would exist in the Bioshock Universe and be inside Rapture, but would be of my own design, heavily inspired by the game.  I’ve currently jumping around between modeling for the apartment as well as fakes for the city outside, and messing with lighting and “atmosphere” (I’ve added some dust particles, and distortion particles outside the windows to make it look like water, as suggested by Ross Littlejohn who made an amazing re-creation of the Medical Pavilion). I also just added God rays in the method demonstrated by Dave Wilson in this tutorial, which I decided on doing after realizing how unnecessarily complex Unreal's method of doing it was (or at least for what I was doing, it seemed like overkill)!  

Anyways, I'd love and appreciate comments, critique, and any helpful tips! :smile:

Here's some of my reference, I have a HUGE PureRef board, so it's hard to post it all. Here's some screenshots from it. It's mostly anything Art Deco I could find online, from lamps, to chairs, to architecture.

And of course, ref from Bioshock:

Here's some shots of my scene currently:

Above is the living area, opens into bedroom, balcony, bathroom.

Above is the living area, opens into bedroom, balcony, bathroom.

Above will be the bedroom, will have a bed with curtains.

Above is a bathroom. Will have a large tub on the other side of the wall the sink is on.

This will be a "balcony" so you can see the city outside. (Ignore the pink light for now! Hoping to add in neon signs later)

As mentioned before, c & c very much welcomed and appreciated!!! :smiley: (Sorry for the super long post!)
http://nicolepito.weebly.com/

Replies