Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Desert Eagle Galaco [WIP thread]

Hey guys! 
This is my second skin for the contest. This time I will be texturing a Desert Eagle. This is my WIP thread. Please leave some feedback, it's much appreciated! I will take y'all through the steps I made through the process.

Starting out, I made a color scheme (like I always do when I want to draw so I don't mess up the contrasts) I wanted to stick to. I liked this contrast. Using the blue/grey colors for the base, and using the warm colors for the details.

I wanted to do some galaxy shizzle, here I'll show you my first draft:

It was too dark when I put it on Sketchfab and in the Workbench, so I changed the base color to something lighter.

This was the result. I loved it but I was not fully convinced. So that's when I started messing with the channels. 

When I turned the red channel OFF, this happened. Absolutely stunning.

This is what it looks like in 3D view:

But I'm not really that experienced in channels so I tried deleting the red channel and that messed it all up, so I decided to throw a hue/saturation over the separate layers to remake the colors of this one. Here is the result:

I'm loving it so far. I'll put it up on Sketchfab and link it to you so you can check out the details. This is where I'm at at this precise moment.

I'm messing with the arrows and figuring out if I should discard them, resize them or make more of them. 

What do you guys think? PLEASE let me know!

Love, themedicine

Replies