Home General Discussion

Games Art, illustration of concept art MA in the UK

enabarbu
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
enabarbu polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone!

I am a long-time polycount lurker. I've just decided to make an account here because I've noticed some of you here studied at Teesside University and there is also an older thread regarding this.
Long story short, I am a fine arts graduate from an East-European traditionalist art uni  (graduated in 2014). I've spent the last 2 years taking online classes and polishing my skills as a digital painter, illustrator, blah blah concept artist. And doing freelance from time to time. I also have some 3d modeling basics under the belt. 

Since I am trying to get out of my homeland for a while, I've already applied to a couple of MA programs in the UK, especially since of this year. Here they are

Concept Art for Games and Animation at Teesside
Independent Study: Leicester Media School MA
Computer Games Development (Art) MA at Anglia Ruskin (Cambridge) 
Illustration MA at: Bournemouth, Coventry and Portsmouth 

As I'm anxiously waiting for results and replying e-mails, I was thinking that maybe some of you can tell me about your experiences with games-related studies in the UK. Maybe some of you went to one of those I applied for? Maybe you have some suggestions for me? 
Teesside seems to have the most concept-artish program, but I'd love to be able to learn some more 3D as well. I hear all sorts  of mixed opinions about both Teesside and Middlesbrough. What about Anglia Ruskin or Leicester?

Although my main objective is to become a concept artist/illustrator, I don't actually mind developing more 3D skills (and increasing my employability :'(   ) IF I were to be accepted in such a program, of course. 

Replies