Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

W.I.P. Project - The Beast

Bop
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Bop
大家好~ 
        我是一名来自中国的3D美工,我英文不好,所以我尝试用中文在附加英文的方式来发布我的信息。
        我最近计划完成一个我的个人作品,作品的内容是一个长着犀牛头的半人马生物,它应该是一个原始且强大的战士,但是我没有原画作为参考,所以进行的比较艰难。对于它的服饰和装备一直不知道要怎么设计。所以暂时就先做成裸体的样子了。
        我在这里发布我的进程主要是希望能够在制作过程中听取大家的意见,能够使我的作品更上一层楼,同时也能提高我的技术和认知,在此先谢过大家了!

Hi all~
I am a 3D artist from China, my English is not good, so I try to use Chinese and English in addition to the way to release my information.
I plan to finish one of my personal works, works is a rhino Centaur creature, it should be is a primitive and powerful warrior, but I don't have a reference, so the more difficult. For its clothing and equipment has not known how to design. So for the time being the first to make a naked appearance.
I here released my process is mainly hope to be able to listen to the opinions in the production process, to make my work more better, but also can improve my skills and cognitive. In this first thanked everybody!

English is generated by the translation software, once again sorry for my bad English!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
LATEST UPDATE:

Basic modeling:

Current progress

Please tell me if you need more angle of view, thank you!

Bop

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    The head is coming along quite well, but you really need to take a look at the anatomy of the rest of the rhino. They don't have hooves, for a start.
  • Bop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bop
    The head is coming along quite well, but you really need to take a look at the anatomy of the rest of the rhino. They don't have hooves, for a start.
    STEVE SCHULZE
     Hi Jackablade,

感谢你的热心回复!
         它的四肢我没有依照犀牛来做是因为我觉得犀牛腿看起来太笨重了,但是我又想表现出力量感,所以我用牛来做参考。
         关于尾巴部分,我还没有考虑好,本来想表现坚硬的感觉所以做了类似穿山甲的尾巴(有变形)。但或许还是用牛尾更好一些?

Thank you for your enthusiastic reply!
    Its limbs I did not follow the rhino to do is because I think it's leg looks too heavy, but I also want to show a sense of power, so I used the bull to make reference.
    On the tail part, I have not considered good, wanted to show hard feeling so do a similar tail of pangolin. But perhaps a bull's tail than better?

Thanks!

Bop
  • Bop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bop
    Hi all~

这是我今天的进度,虽然只有一点点改变...
    This is my progress today, although only a little change...

大家如果有时间的话希望能够给我一些指导意见,谢谢大家~
    If you have time, I hope you can give me some advice, thank you!

Bop
  • TheWarlord18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWarlord18 polycounter lvl 6
    Your anatomy is pretty close, but I think conceptually thats whats throwing it off. The proportions on the arms seem a bit small for a Rhino centaur type character, and I think he'd benefit from having a bit more of a gut rather than shredded abs. 
    kinda like this

hope that helps some. its a good start, Im interested to see how it'll turn out.
  • Bop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bop
    @TheWarlord18   

Hi Nick~

感谢你的指导和建议!我喜欢你给我找的参考。
    我想可能是我做的胸肌太宽了,我会再检查一下胸部和上臂之间的比例关系。关于腹部我会尝试着改变一下。
    再次感谢你对我的帮助!        

Thank you for your guidance and advice! I like the reference you gave me.I think I do the chest is too wide, I'll check the proportion between the chest and upper arm. I'll try to change the belly.Thank you again for your help!
    Bop
  • Bop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bop
    @Steve Schulze 

Hi Stephen,

我好像点错了什么之前给你的回复不见了,所以我重新说一遍希望你能看到。
    感谢你的反馈,我觉得犀牛腿太笨重了,但我又想保持力量感,所以我参考了牛的蹄子来做四肢。另外尾巴部分目前是参考穿山甲的尾部制作的,想体现坚硬的感觉,但是不是用牛尾更适合呢?
    谢谢~

I made a mistake that resulted in the loss of the previous reply, so I'll say it again and hope you can see it.
    Thank you for your feedback, I think the leg of a rhinoceros is too heavy, but I want to keep a sense of strength, so I made reference to the bull's hooves to do the limbs. Also the tail part is currently making reference pangolin tail, to reflect the hard feeling, but with the oxtail is more suitable, isn't it?
    Thank you ~

Bop
  • Bop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bop
    Hi all~

有两周时间因为一些事情给耽误了,这是本周的模型进度截图:
    There are two weeks because some things to delay, and this is the progress of this week's model screenshot:

我希望能够在4月底完成这项工作,所以我争取能在下周完成这个模型,然后留下一周的时间给贴图,希望能够按计划完成它!
    我依然希望听取更多的意见,虽然不一定会有时间在这次工作中做出相应的调整,但对我来说能够帮助我更进一步的提高水平。
    谢谢大家~

I hope to finish the work by the end of April, so I'm trying to finish the model by next week, and then leave a week's time for the texture. I hoping to finish it by plan!
    I still want to hear more, though not necessarily have the time to make the appropriate adjustments in this work, but for me to help me to further improve the level of.
    Thank you all.