Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Concept Art WIP - Help deciding which one to work on?

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
LJ159 polycounter lvl 3
Hey,

So this is my first time posting here so I hope I do this right.

I am currently a student working on a final project making a 3D model of a character I am designing. It would be great if I could get your insight on which of these concepts I should continue/develop as well as critiques on the proportions (something I still need a lot of practice on).

Thanks!

(P.S Sorry for the poor quality, both of the sketches and the pictures of them)

Replies

• gavinli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavinli polycounter lvl 3
    Hi LJ159,

Sorry you haven't received some earlier feedback on your work and welcome to the forums :)

I'd choose design 1 because the asymmetry in it and fidelity of details looks like it would make for an interesting 3D model.

The designs look good but the angle of the shot makes it quite difficult to critique the proportions. If you take a picture from afar and top-down it'll be a little easier to give some better feedback regarding the anatomy.

In general I would definitely advise to continue to practice some anatomical studies and perspective. If you look at your designs in a mirror I think it'll be easier to find a certain flatness and 'leaning' that the characters currently suffer from. Even the characters have perspective and if you apply perspective across the entire character a little more (as if they were in 3D space) I think your design interpretations (and therefore also taste) will come across a lot stronger.

I hope that's helpful - keep posting your progress!

Best regards,

Gavin