Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Horror Asylum Corridor

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
The Klez polycounter lvl 7
Hi, this is my first environment. I'm not an environment artist or anything, I'm just a programmer with some basic knowledge on modelling. I used Blender and Unity for this environment. I am looking for any kind of critiques.

Corridor-2014-12-19-16-46-50-75.png
Corridor-2014-12-19-18-37-01-55.png
Corridor-2014-12-19-18-37-14-21.png
Corridor-2014-12-19-18-37-37-76.png
Corridor-2014-12-19-18-37-52-95.png
Corridor-2014-12-19-18-38-13-21.png

Replies

• The Klez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're off to a good start however one problem I have is that it is too clean. For an abandoned place, those tiles are really well kept.
    When looking at an environment, don't just place things here or there, it needs to tell a story. Every aspect of the environment should tell the history.
    As a personal request, could you turn down that post-process, it can really hurt the eyes in some shots.

I thought the same thing about the floor, it's way too clean, I will work on that, add some broken tiles, maybe some dirt.

EDIT: Another problem I have it's the scale. I can't tell if some props are the right scale and sometimes I feel too small or too big. All the images, except for the first one, are taken from the player's POV.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I agree with the above. The lighting still needs some work but I think the floor is a bit distracting IMO. Maybe make the tiles bigger or change the texture/design a bit? The atmosphere is coming along as well, and you are on a good path! Keep going :D
  • The Klez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I ended up changing the floor texture:
    Untitled.png
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    Why are exit signs green ?
  • Swarm22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swarm22 polycounter lvl 15
    The red light from the clock is too bright, illuminating too much surface area on that wall, and it also should not be projecting that light backwards if it's facing forward.