Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Max Kogan - 3D Artist

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Pdude2K7 polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys,

I've finally got around to putting many of the things I worked on over
the years in one place and now its time to show showcase my portfolio.

I've had the pleasure of working on many interesting games over the years
including both Mass Effect and Borderlands franchises. I am available for freelance.

Please check out my site here:
http://www.maxkogan.com/

Here be few images:
maxko_collage.jpg

General critique and feedback is most welcome, please let me know if it runs/looks
good on your browser!

Replies

• james swanson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    james swanson polycounter lvl 5
    This is an unprofessional crit, but I think adding some sort of change when you hover over the images would make it a little more attractive. You could make it so that hovering over the options on the index page would light up the text and make it glow just like your name on the top. Again, not a pro, so take that with a grain of salt :)
  • Ahoburg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great , but a bit monotone since all your renders are in the same color/shader. Kinda blurs, if you ask me. Maybe change it up a bit to make different models more discernable?
  • Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    Some very cool modeling going on here!
  • urgaffel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urgaffel polycounter lvl 17
    You've got some really good modeling there! Two points that stood out to me: the filesize of you images is huge which is probably down to the lines in the background and very low compression. You could make your website load faster if you made the lines a tiling background with your images loaded on top or just get rid of the lines and have a gradient or solid colour background. Second, as mentioned above, some colour would be nice since it all looks very samey. The models are good but at first glance they all look the same. Use colours to bring some variation and maybe make details pop a bit :)
  • Julinoleum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love it! I agree with urgaffel for the loading time, it would be good to be faster :-p