Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Shrine Environment Prop

Hey Everyone :)

I love the site and this is my first post!

I thought I would share this with you all - it's just a quick 250 poly prop I made over the last few evenings for a personal environment project, which I am just beginning. As I build up the elements I will be assembling it in UDK in my spare time. Any feedback from any of you low-poly-pros out there would be great to hear and I will try to post updates as I work on this stuff further.

Many thanks for having a look :)

Shrine_01.jpg

Shrine_02.jpg

Shrine_03.jpg

Cheers!
Twocats

Replies

• DennisGlowacki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DennisGlowacki polycounter lvl 7
    what no replies!

This is really good! Can you explain the different colored zbrush parts (a mudbox user looking to switch) those like sub tools I think you call them? Does it make it easier to sculpt? Like you can work on one at a time or something?

Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see more!
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    The runes seem a little too slapped on, its kinda obvious that its just a zsub clay buildup brush. Look at some concepts and try to make the runes look more interesting, maybe taper off at parts and have more going on inside the runes themselves.

Add some more to the texture, split up the stones by adding localized grunge and dirt to areas that are borders. Dirt usually builds up in nooks and crannies.

I personally think it would look better if you chopped off the 3 large triangle tiles that stick out the most.
    what no replies!

This is really good! Can you explain the different colored zbrush parts (a mudbox user looking to switch) those like sub tools I think you call them? Does it make it easier to sculpt? Like you can work on one at a time or something?

Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see more!

Subtools allow you to split your model up into parts so that you can hide/unhide them to make it easier to sculpt on individual parts.
  • timspanjer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work Twocats. My only gripe is in your first 'game version' image the front edge of the stones seems to have a line. Check your normal map in that area it might need a little cleanup. Good first post btw.