Home General Discussion

New Here, 12 yrs Animator in games.

I have been lurking around for quite enough time, and so i figured i would start to get to know EVERYONEEE!!! ahahha!!!

I started off with drawing when i was 6...Next thing u know im creating my own comics, idolizing people such as Jim Lee, Joe Mad, then im in art school, and then i got lucky enough for a break in the video game world on a game called TUROK.

Since then ive been making video games as a 3d animator for the past 12 yrs. I feel as if i have seen it all, and been there to see every phase of technology change! Its quite amazing.

I currently work for the infamous comic book legend Joe Mad. I am a senior animator of his at Vigil Games based out of austin texas. I was a senior animator on the DARKSIDERS game we released recently.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMxP_GstP8[/ame]

Did everything from in game stuff, to in game cinematics work, etc...

I am here bc i am hoping to gain the support of my peers through time. I am moonlighting on ALL OF MY FREETIME to start my own cartoon series...I know its insane but ill literally explode if i dont get these ideas out of my head.

I created my own little shop called TOON SUSHI STUDIOS.

My goal is to create a series of super stylized, cartoons. Its gonna start off veryyyy small...quick clips as episodes...but hopefully one day i will achieve my dream of actually creating full length cartoon series!

I have been creating this idea mentally for over 10 yrs, and now is the time to do it.

I AM AN ANIMATOR, but im doing the whole thing on my own! Modeling, Lighting, Texture, Editing, Post, and most Importantly directing...the whole shahbang!!

This is the START of the making of blogspot.
http://toonsushi.blogspot.com/

I created a world called "The Warriors Legend" Its a world created by the telling of multiple short stories that focus on a legendary hero in a certain point of time. The whole theme is fantasy/martial arts based.

Im going with a less is more theme simply so i can actually produce this in a timely manner. The models will be low poly but made for animation. Gonna use alot of backdrops as opposed to fully built CG worlds...My goal is to have it look like a 3d Comic book.

Ill be updating my website soon with all of the Darksiders animations i have done; the animations on my current online portfolio are 3 yrs old!

www.artofbrad.com

here is a current animation, and better displays what i can do.
This was cut from the game bc it no longer worked with how we wanted to do interactives during combat. This is the player failing to meet the button press combo in order to finish off the enemy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65a0_zE34rQ[/ame]

Feel free to email me about anything, even if its people wanting advice on getting into Video Game world...I feel like i know almost everyone in the industry, or knows someone who knows someone..

PART OF THE BATTLE ABOUT GETTING INTO GAMES is who you know! And you all know me!

Take Care all and ill be blasting you with stuff from my cartoon DRAGON WEAVER!!!!

Brad Marques

Replies

• Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Welcome to Polycount, Brad. Glad you came out of the lurker swamp to join the rest of us ;)
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    wow I just read all of that! ;).

Welcome to PC! don't be affraid to post the wip's you already have on your blog in the P&P section :).
  • Rated Rrr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rated Rrr polycounter lvl 17
    Glad to have you. Awesome work and good luck on your new project.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Welcome! Great work on Darksiders ;)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Welcome to polycount, that's one hell of a first post! Some crazy amazing stuff!
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    ArtOfBrad wrote: »
    I feel like i know almost everyone in the industry, or knows someone who knows someone..

PART OF THE BATTLE ABOUT GETTING INTO GAMES is who you know! And you all know me!

Brad Marques

I wish I was you.
    Can I visit u @ Vigil? Toon Sushi?
    I promise to sit quietly in a corner.
    Will u be my friend?
    Darksiders sure was awesome artwerk!
    Can u get me a Job?

I smell like pee,
    On the other hand, a good rewarding job surrounded by incredible talent sounds like a good existence.
    I would like to hug you.

Seriously tho, awesome links u got there.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Hahaha, creepiest reply EVER!

Welcome to Polycount and I look forward to seeing you post some animation stuff in the Pimping and Previews section. Also, best of luck with getting your cartoon off the ground as well and keep us posted on how it's all going.
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks ALL!! I will whore myself out on this site!!! I really love the work i see on here...I see that JOE Mad has inspired some of the work, and there is some sick talent here...

Hope to get to know all of you!

Might even be able to sneak a few of u in our new studio someday...Vigil is innnssannne...a nice studio in gorgeous Austin TX.

Toon sushi is my house for now!!! Total garage band!!! but its not about the size of the studio is it....its all about the quality of the story!!!

CHEERS ALL!
  • Flaringo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flaringo polycounter lvl 11
    welcome, dude!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hello! Cool animations! :)
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    Nice!! Power to the animat0rs :D

Amazing work, glad to see you came out of hiding, and welcome!! :)
  • moof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moof polycounter lvl 7
    Damned nice animation Brad, great stuff.
    I'd be happy to see a new website, the current one is very meh right now.

Hope to see some cool stuff soon ;)
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Welcome to the party. Love the trailer, would like to see a reel when you put one together.
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    welcome to teh polycountz
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    ArtOfBrad wrote: »
    Thanks ALL!! I will whore myself out on this site!!! I really love the work i see on here...I see that JOE Mad has inspired some of the work, and there is some sick talent here...

Hope to get to know all of you!

Might even be able to sneak a few of u in our new studio someday...Vigil is innnssannne...a nice studio in gorgeous Austin TX.

Toon sushi is my house for now!!! Total garage band!!! but its not about the size of the studio is it....its all about the quality of the story!!!

CHEERS ALL!

Dear Sir. Brad;

Hello! It is with my sincere interest and honesty to greet you with salutation and blessings.

Welcome to the polycount Sir. Brad.

Here you will find a thin string that connects newbie to pros, with Emil (our beloved mod) and Adam (our beloved Admin) and EarthQuake (another one of our beloved mod) sitting on the side at different places near that string, holding sissors. :)

This site is rather fun and educating than just educating. This site was also helpful to people who were struggling through to find work.

I admire your goal Sir. Brad. I too have the same goal as you, only with the direction of "RPG game series" <.<.

I hope you will enjoy this community as we all do.
    and welcome once again. =)

With best regards
    Nitewalkr
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man this group is awesome...thank u for such warm welcomes!! i cant wait to show u guys what ive got cooking in my home office..

soon....veerrryyy soon...

And ya my site/online port is very raw...its basic...i literally do not have enough time to make an awesome one...
  • MatthewS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I extend my sincerest welcomes to you.

Glad to hear we have another well connected artist among our midst allowing us to expand our network.And I am sure a lot of the animators here will love to have such a vet around to help.

I can't wait to see Toon Sushi and Dragon Weaver get off the ground and I wish you the best of luck.

Definitely use the p&p sections to your full advantage.

Matthew
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    Nice to meet you Brad! Say hi to all the old EX-Ironlore guys there for me!
  • crasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crasong polycounter lvl 13
    Welcome to Polycount! I like your stuff man!
    I can't wait to see what I can learn from you :)

p.s: i really need to pick up darksiders...
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice animation but you already know that :). Let's talk about that hyabusa or that zr1 corvette you have. From me trolling your site they look pretty sharp man.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Hi and welcome! I'm sorry, but I've run out of dildodog pictures, but I'm hoping you'll feel welcome anyway!

be wary with your invites, the internets are full of creepy people.

(and they all amass here at polycount!)
  • Rens
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Hi welcome to polycount.

like your animations :)
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys!!! yaa i love my hayabusa and Vette...love me some fast vehicles!!!

Thanks so much for the welcomes and feel free to ask away! I just saw that bOBO was on here!! hes such a badass
  • SyncViewS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyncViewS polycounter lvl 13
    Hi Brad and welcome to Polycount. Your work is top notch and inspirational, but you already know that :)

I was looking at your animations on YouTube, but unfortunately they don't do justice to your work. Since their average length is bunch of seconds they are often cut at the beginning or end because of compression and general video issues. It would be really great if you could put them all together in a single video, maybe repeating twice or three times the cycles. There is so much to learn from those cuts! Thank you.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Sup Brad. Cool to see more Vigilantes on PC