Home Technical Talk

Max snaps issue

Hey guys, Ive been researching this for a few hours and have not found a solution yet, so Im turning to the awesome knowledge of the community at large.

My snaps in max 2012 are broke.

Now, I know they dramatically changed the way snap works in 2011, and I understand how the new system works... Been using it without issue for a couple years.

I did my bi-annual format last night and reinstalled the same copy of max Ive been using for months, and this is the exact same version I use at work, which behaves normally.

On re-install, snap doesnt work... at all. When creating an object, it snaps to the grid weather the grid snap is on or off, weather the grid is visible or not. Vertex snap doesnt work, period. It basically seems grid snap is stuck on regardless of snap menu settings. I don't even get the snap crosshair when move the mouse over a vert when in vertex snap mode - all I can get is the grid snap crosshair regardless of what snap mode I am in. I can turn snap off and drag verts off the grid, but then I cannot get them back, and cannot snap them to the verts of another object or within the same object, which is obviously infuriating.

I have tried reinstalling, changed every setting I can think of and have been pouring over the internet to try and figure out if anybody else has had this problem and how to fix it but so far all I see are ppl confused about the snaps they introduced back in 2011

If anybody has any ideas, I will be super grateful