Home Technical Talk

guruware OBJ export for max - Where are presets stored?

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Harry polycounter lvl 13
at some point, I can't seem to figure out when, my presets for GW exporter completely stopped working.

No matter what I do to them, my existing presets continuously reset to "true" for exporting MTLs with each OBJ i export. So every time i use them i have to turn this off.

What's worse is that any maxscripts i write/use can't seem to locate the presets. Any OBJs exported from maxscript default to the "NONE" preset, and spit out absolutely nothing but pure vert/tri data. No normals, no UV coords, no control over precision or co-ordinate space.

I've looked around, and even uninstalled max/deleted remainder of max folder/reinstalled to absolutely no effect. I can't seem to find where these presets are stored- It'd be great to be able to just delete whatever file stores them, and start fresh, kind of.

Replies

• Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    uhm, an update.
    I found the ini files for the GW exporter.
    I deleted them, and running the exporter created new preset files.

Still, changing these presets at all saves the data but fails to save my negation of "export materials" checkbox.

Still, running an export from maxscript uses some preset i can't find. This time the random preset it's decided to use seems to be mostly usable but forces use of quads, and of course, exports MTLs.