Home Technical Talk

Maya: color picking tool problemes

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
rorozilla polycounter lvl 6
Hey you guys!

I'm trying to do some color vertex in maya 2012 right now, and im using the color picker tool in the Apply Color fonction of maya to chose my colours from a reference, and it simply wont pickup any of the colours.

this is whats happens: I will click on the color picker button, my whole screen will automatically turn all blue (like the blue screen of death but no writing, or maya interface, juste blue color all over) and wont go away unless i click once. As soon as thats done, it will select the blue color from the screen... so im very confuse as to what to do to fix it!

if you guys have any idea of what i could do to fix it, you would really be making my day!!

ps: it it makes any difference, i am using a mac ( which i know nothing about, i just started working on it tow weeks ago)

thanks in advance!!

Replies

• rorozilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rorozilla polycounter lvl 6
    I just restarted maya, and now, its showing me a distorted image of my JPG reference thatI inserted as a plane in my scene... i really have no clue of whats going on...

I started a new scene and exported the geometry i wanted to color vertex, the material with the JPG reference isn't even in the scene and it still gives me a inverted color and distorted image of my reff when i press on the color picker...